Silvan Joray was born in 1996 and grew up in Switzerland. He is mainly active in Switzerland as a bandleader and composer for his own trio and as a sideman in other projects. Concerts and tours have led him to Germany, Spain, Poland, and Israel. In 2020 he released his critically acclaimed debut album "Cluster" with his trio on German label Neuklang.
In February 2022 he won a special prize for the most promising semi-finalist at UNISA International Strings Competition in Pretoria, South Africa. In June 2019 he was a finalist at the International Jarek Smietana Jazz Guitar Competition in Krakow, Poland, and was awarded with a special prize.
Silvan studied at Jazzcampus Basel with Wolfgang Muthspiel and Lionel Loueke and attained his master’s degree with honors.
* 4th Prize at UNISA International Strings Competition 2022 in South Africa
* sponsorship prize for music by the Kanton of Solothurn 2020
* Special Prize at Jarek Smietana International Jazz Guitar Competition 2019
* 3rd Prize at 7 Virtual Jazz Club Under 25 Competition 2018
* Friedlwald-Scholarship 2018
* 1st Prize at Swiss Youth Jazz Competition 2017