Silvan Joray was born in 1996 and grew up near Solothurn, Switzerland. He has been trained classically for 9 years before he discovered the jazz guitar. After he graduated from high school, he entered the precollege program at the Swiss Jazz School in Bern where he studied with Robert Rüegg.
He finished his Master's degree with honors at the Jazzcampus Basel where he studied with Wolfgang Muthspiel and Lionel Loueke and had the privilege of having lessons with other jazz legends such as Larry Grenadier and Mark Turner.
Silvan Joray is mainly active in Basel and Bern as a bandleader and composer for his own trio and as a sideman in other projects.
* sponsorship prize for music by the Kanton of Solothurn 2020
* Special Prize at Jarek Smietana International Jazz Guitar Competition 2019
* 3rd Prize at 7 Virtual Jazz Club Under 25 Competition 2018
* Friedlwald-Scholarship 2018
* 1st Prize at Swiss Youth Jazz Competition 2017